WellPoint to cut 1,500 jobs
The sick economy is now infecting the nation's largest health insurance company, as Indianapolis-based WellPoint says cutting 1,500 jobs is the best way to streamline its staff of 42,000. It means eliminating 900 open positions and laying off 600 workers. While WellPoint won't provide specifics publicly, cuts are expected in the 14 states where WellPoint manages Blue Cross plans.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US