NorthShore Skokie (IL) Hospital to cut 150 jobs
Chicago Tribune, January 26, 2009
NorthShore Skokie (IL) Hospital said it would eliminate 150 full-time jobs, or nearly 14% of its workforce in the next two months. The move eliminates seven senior executives, secretaries, clerical support, and business office staff. The layoff is beyond some earlier moves to outsource some functions that had already been announced and comes after its purchase by a larger hospital operator.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'