How do hospitals get paid? A primer
New York Times, January 26, 2009
In this posting from the New York Times, Princeton Prof. Uwe E. Reinhardt provides a window into public perception of how hospitals work. He also breaks down how hospitals get paid and why: For example, private plans or payers tend to be billed more that government payers, he notes.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals