Layoffs spike as recession rips through U.S.
AP/Yahoo News, February 4, 2009
Layoffs are spiking as the recession rips through the country, with retailers, banks, factories, and others cutting costs ever deeper. The latest round of pink slips and cost-cutting measures came on the heels of tens of thousands of layoffs ordered by a slew of companies last week alone.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- The case for concierge medicine