Layoffs spike as recession rips through U.S.
AP/Yahoo News, February 4, 2009
Layoffs are spiking as the recession rips through the country, with retailers, banks, factories, and others cutting costs ever deeper. The latest round of pink slips and cost-cutting measures came on the heels of tens of thousands of layoffs ordered by a slew of companies last week alone.
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Substance Abuse Resurfaces Among Anesthesiologists in Training
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT