Hannon to chair AHA's Small or Rural Hospital Governing Council
Edward J. Hannon, president and CEO of The McDowell Hospital in Marion, NC, will lead the American Hospital Association's Section for Small or Rural Hospitals in 2009. The 23-person governing council represents small or rural hospitals in the AHA's policy process and member services initiatives. Robin Lake, CEO of Great Plains Regional Medical Center in Elk City, OK, is the 2010 chair-elect. Kathleen Hoeft, administrator and CEO of Ashley Medical Center in Ashley, ND, is immediate past chair.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending