MILWAUKEE: Smith named preventive medicine fellow
Aurora Health Care, February 17, 2009
David R. Smith, MD, medical director for care management at not-for-profit Aurora Health Care, has been elected a fellow of the American College of Preventive Medicine, a national professional society for physicians committed to disease prevention and health promotion. Smith is one of 19 fellows selected by the American College of Preventive Medicine in 2008. Fellows are chosen based on three primary categories: contributions to the field of preventive medicine; board certification by an American Board of Medicine board in any medical specialty, with an emphasis on preventive medicine; and service to the American College of Preventive Medicine.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch