CLEVELAND: Taussig Institute’s new department gets new chairman
The Taussig Cancer Institute at Cleveland Clinic recently named Jaroslaw Maciejewski, MD, as chairman of the newly created Department of Translational Hematology and Oncology Research. The department will focus on the study of molecular and biochemical mechanisms leading to cancer with the goal of directly improving diagnosis and treatment for cancers and leukemia as well as other related disorders. Maciejewski, a staff physician at Taussig for eight years, is respected internationally as an authority on myelodysplastic syndrome—failure of bone marrow—pre-leukemic states and molecular prognostication.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013