CLEVELAND: Taussig Institute’s new department gets new chairman
The Taussig Cancer Institute at Cleveland Clinic recently named Jaroslaw Maciejewski, MD, as chairman of the newly created Department of Translational Hematology and Oncology Research. The department will focus on the study of molecular and biochemical mechanisms leading to cancer with the goal of directly improving diagnosis and treatment for cancers and leukemia as well as other related disorders. Maciejewski, a staff physician at Taussig for eight years, is respected internationally as an authority on myelodysplastic syndrome—failure of bone marrow—pre-leukemic states and molecular prognostication.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts