CLEVELAND: Taussig Institute’s new department gets new chairman
The Taussig Cancer Institute at Cleveland Clinic recently named Jaroslaw Maciejewski, MD, as chairman of the newly created Department of Translational Hematology and Oncology Research. The department will focus on the study of molecular and biochemical mechanisms leading to cancer with the goal of directly improving diagnosis and treatment for cancers and leukemia as well as other related disorders. Maciejewski, a staff physician at Taussig for eight years, is respected internationally as an authority on myelodysplastic syndrome—failure of bone marrow—pre-leukemic states and molecular prognostication.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care