CLEVELAND: Taussig Institute’s new department gets new chairman
The Taussig Cancer Institute at Cleveland Clinic recently named Jaroslaw Maciejewski, MD, as chairman of the newly created Department of Translational Hematology and Oncology Research. The department will focus on the study of molecular and biochemical mechanisms leading to cancer with the goal of directly improving diagnosis and treatment for cancers and leukemia as well as other related disorders. Maciejewski, a staff physician at Taussig for eight years, is respected internationally as an authority on myelodysplastic syndrome—failure of bone marrow—pre-leukemic states and molecular prognostication.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer
- Google Glass Passes IRB Muster, Assists in Cardiothoracic Surgeries