Chicago-based Norwegian American Hospital trimming 42 jobs
Chicago Tribune, February 19, 2009
Chicago-based Norwegian American Hospital is eliminating 42 jobs, or nearly 6% of its workforce, amid the economic downturn, the hospital said. In addition, a cost-reduction plan will include "re-evaluating and renegotiating nearly every hospital vendor contract and fee-for-service agreement [and] reducing management compensation across the board," the hospital said.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus