MINEOLA, NY: Winthrop-University Hospital names new CEO
John F. Collins has been named president and CEO of Winthrop-University Hospital. Collins has been a member of the Winthrop leadership team for more than a decade, most recently in the role of executive vice president and COO. Collins' appointment will become effective March 1. He replaces Daniel P. Walsh, who announced his retirement last fall, will serve as a consultant and advisor to Collins, through June 30, his official retirement date.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream