MINEOLA, NY: Winthrop-University Hospital names new CEO
John F. Collins has been named president and CEO of Winthrop-University Hospital. Collins has been a member of the Winthrop leadership team for more than a decade, most recently in the role of executive vice president and COO. Collins' appointment will become effective March 1. He replaces Daniel P. Walsh, who announced his retirement last fall, will serve as a consultant and advisor to Collins, through June 30, his official retirement date.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital