Hospital president named CEO of Massachusetts-based Partners HealthCare System Inc.
Boston Globe, February 25, 2009
Gary L. Gottlieb, MD, the president of Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, will become chief executive of Partners HealthCare System Inc. at the end of the year. Partners' board of directors unanimously selected Gottlieb, ending five months of speculation. In September, Partners said James J. Mongan, MD, would retire at the end of 2009 and named Gottlieb and three other system executives as finalists for his job. A search committee also evaluated outside candidates.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised