Hospital president named CEO of Massachusetts-based Partners HealthCare System Inc.
Boston Globe, February 25, 2009
Gary L. Gottlieb, MD, the president of Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, will become chief executive of Partners HealthCare System Inc. at the end of the year. Partners' board of directors unanimously selected Gottlieb, ending five months of speculation. In September, Partners said James J. Mongan, MD, would retire at the end of 2009 and named Gottlieb and three other system executives as finalists for his job. A search committee also evaluated outside candidates.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Excluded Benefits Lists Spark Debate