Hospital president named CEO of Massachusetts-based Partners HealthCare System Inc.
Boston Globe, February 25, 2009
Gary L. Gottlieb, MD, the president of Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, will become chief executive of Partners HealthCare System Inc. at the end of the year. Partners' board of directors unanimously selected Gottlieb, ending five months of speculation. In September, Partners said James J. Mongan, MD, would retire at the end of 2009 and named Gottlieb and three other system executives as finalists for his job. A search committee also evaluated outside candidates.
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Substance Abuse Resurfaces Among Anesthesiologists in Training
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT