Western Pennsylvania hospital closing skilled care units on July 1
A health network is closing skilled care units in three hospitals it operates in western Pennsylvania, a decision that could affect about 100 employees by July 1. Excela Health spokeswoman Robin Jennings says some nurses and other employees in those units will be offered other jobs. Excela says the skilled care units in hospitals it operates in Greensburg, Latrobe, and Mount Pleasant have been losing unspecified "millions" of dollars.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'