Western Pennsylvania hospital closing skilled care units on July 1
A health network is closing skilled care units in three hospitals it operates in western Pennsylvania, a decision that could affect about 100 employees by July 1. Excela Health spokeswoman Robin Jennings says some nurses and other employees in those units will be offered other jobs. Excela says the skilled care units in hospitals it operates in Greensburg, Latrobe, and Mount Pleasant have been losing unspecified "millions" of dollars.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers