Harvard Professor to head Yale cancer hospital
Hartford Courant, February 26, 2009
Harvard professor Thomas J. Lynch, MD, has been named director of the Yale Cancer Center and physician-in-chief of the new Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven (CT) Hospital, which will open in October. Lynch is currently professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School and chief of hematology/oncology at Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center. His appointment is effective April 1. Lynch says he is excited about the plans of the medical school and hospital to invest in new programs and infrastructure to improve the health and longevity of patients with cancer.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care