Harvard Professor to head Yale cancer hospital
Hartford Courant, February 26, 2009
Harvard professor Thomas J. Lynch, MD, has been named director of the Yale Cancer Center and physician-in-chief of the new Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven (CT) Hospital, which will open in October. Lynch is currently professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School and chief of hematology/oncology at Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center. His appointment is effective April 1. Lynch says he is excited about the plans of the medical school and hospital to invest in new programs and infrastructure to improve the health and longevity of patients with cancer.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data