Nurses at Wisconsin medical center fired over cell phone photos of patient
WISN.com, February 26, 2009
Nurses at Mercy Walworth Medical Center in Lake Geneva, WI, accused of photographing a patient and posting the pictures on the Internet have been fired. The investigation started with an anonymous call from an employee at the medical center, with the allegation that a nurse took pictures of a patient with her cell phone and posted them on her Facebook page. County authorites said they have notified federal authorities of the allegation to see if there are federal and HIPAA violations.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care