Even now, healthcare adds jobs
Wall Street Journal Health Blog, March 9, 2009
Employment figures for February are out, and the numbers show the economy lost some 651,000 jobs during the month. But healthcare added some 27,000 jobs. In all, the U.S. economy has lost some 2.6 million jobs since in the past four months, according to the seasonally adjusted figures in the non-farm payroll report.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013