Tenet Healthcare settles California lawsuit for $85 million
AP/San Francisco Chronicle, March 12, 2009
Tenet Healthcare Corp. has agreed to pay $85 million to settle claims that nurses and other staff in California were denied extra overtime pay for working 12-hour shifts. Tenet will pay about 23,000 current and former hospital employees under the settlement.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Hire Care Coordinators Strategically