240 laid off at Brooklyn hospital
A hospital in central Brooklyn laid off 240 doctors, nurses, and other workers. Officials at the hospital, Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center, blamed the bad economy for the layoffs. Officials said that the layoffs affected union and nonunion workers, physicians, and some managers. but that the hospital is expected to be able to continue to operate.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions