240 laid off at Brooklyn hospital
A hospital in central Brooklyn laid off 240 doctors, nurses, and other workers. Officials at the hospital, Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center, blamed the bad economy for the layoffs. Officials said that the layoffs affected union and nonunion workers, physicians, and some managers. but that the hospital is expected to be able to continue to operate.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts