240 laid off at Brooklyn hospital
A hospital in central Brooklyn laid off 240 doctors, nurses, and other workers. Officials at the hospital, Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center, blamed the bad economy for the layoffs. Officials said that the layoffs affected union and nonunion workers, physicians, and some managers. but that the hospital is expected to be able to continue to operate.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers