CEO of Joliet, IL-based Silver Cross Hospital promises no layoffs this year
Moving against the tide of many other bosses across the country, the top executive at Joliet, IL-based Silver Cross Hospital is pledging no layoffs through 2009. In an internal memo last week to employees, Paul Pawlak, Silver Cross' president and chief executive, said the pledge will apply to all full- and part-time employees. It will not apply to executive staff or temporary employees, nor to workers facing "disciplinary actions." The hospital has more than 1,500 employees.
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram