Labor effort aimed at Boston health workers
Union canvassers in Boston are pursuing two urgent missions: organizing the city's big teaching hospitals and trying to rally support for federal legislation that could enhance the strength of unions nationwide. The two goals are intertwined, because passage of the bill before Congress would make success more likely for the Service Employees International Union's Massachusetts chapter, which is two years into the hospital organizing effort that is focusing first on Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%