Columbia, TN-based Maury Regional Medical Center to cut 25 jobs
The Tennessean, March 31, 2009
Maury Regional Medical Center in Columbia, TN, will cut 25 jobs and freeze salaries. The layoffs affect less than 1% of the hospital's more than 2,100 employees. The changes will occur in the next few weeks. Salaries of remaining workers will remain frozen until more patients use the hospital and revenues improve, officials said.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs