Columbia, TN-based Maury Regional Medical Center to cut 25 jobs
The Tennessean, March 31, 2009
Maury Regional Medical Center in Columbia, TN, will cut 25 jobs and freeze salaries. The layoffs affect less than 1% of the hospital's more than 2,100 employees. The changes will occur in the next few weeks. Salaries of remaining workers will remain frozen until more patients use the hospital and revenues improve, officials said.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts