DALLAS: Mack named president-elect of Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons, April 13, 2009
Michael Mack, MD, a surgeon on the medical staff of The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano and medical director of cardiovascular surgery for Baylor Health Care System,has been named president-elect of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons. In this role, Mack will provide leadership for the more than 5,600 surgeons, researchers, and allied health professionals worldwide who are members of the Society.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts