Doctor leading Illinois system's expansion leaving for Iowa
The top doctor at Edward Hospital & Health Services has taken a similar job at the largest community hospital system in Iowa, the Naperville, IL, hospital confirmed. Alan Kaplan, MD, vice president and chief medical officer at Edward will be Iowa Health System's new vice president and chief medical officer beginning June 1, 2009, the Des Moines-based medical care provider said in a statement. In the Iowa Health System, Kaplan moves to a hospital operator with a network of facilities statewide and about $2 billion in annual revenues.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream