OCEANSIDE, NY: Datta appointed president of Nassau Surgical Society
South Nassau Communities Hospital, April 27, 2009
Surgical oncologist Rajiv Datta, MD, medical director of the Cancer Program and chairman of the Department of Surgery at the 441-bed South Nassau Communities Hospital, has been appointed president of the Nassau Surgical Society. Datta joined South Nassau in 2001 and is recognized as one of the leading head and neck surgeons in the nation, and as an internationally known leader in surgical oncology. He was awarded the 2006 Cancer Liaison Physician Outstanding Performance Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US