OCEANSIDE, NY: Datta appointed president of Nassau Surgical Society
South Nassau Communities Hospital, April 27, 2009
Surgical oncologist Rajiv Datta, MD, medical director of the Cancer Program and chairman of the Department of Surgery at the 441-bed South Nassau Communities Hospital, has been appointed president of the Nassau Surgical Society. Datta joined South Nassau in 2001 and is recognized as one of the leading head and neck surgeons in the nation, and as an internationally known leader in surgical oncology. He was awarded the 2006 Cancer Liaison Physician Outstanding Performance Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts