OCEANSIDE, NY: Datta appointed president of Nassau Surgical Society
South Nassau Communities Hospital, April 27, 2009
Surgical oncologist Rajiv Datta, MD, medical director of the Cancer Program and chairman of the Department of Surgery at the 441-bed South Nassau Communities Hospital, has been appointed president of the Nassau Surgical Society. Datta joined South Nassau in 2001 and is recognized as one of the leading head and neck surgeons in the nation, and as an internationally known leader in surgical oncology. He was awarded the 2006 Cancer Liaison Physician Outstanding Performance Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream