WINSTON-SALEM, NC: Porrino named to Wake Forest Medical School post
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, June 8, 2009
Linda J. Porrino has been named chair of the Department of Physiology and Pharmacology at Wake Forest University School of Medicine, effective July 1. Porrino joined the medical school faculty in 1990 and has been professor of physiology and pharmacology since 1997. She was named interim chair of the department in 2008. She follows James E. Smith, now chair emeritus, who headed the department for almost 20 years.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care