WINSTON-SALEM, NC: Porrino named to Wake Forest Medical School post
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, June 8, 2009
Linda J. Porrino has been named chair of the Department of Physiology and Pharmacology at Wake Forest University School of Medicine, effective July 1. Porrino joined the medical school faculty in 1990 and has been professor of physiology and pharmacology since 1997. She was named interim chair of the department in 2008. She follows James E. Smith, now chair emeritus, who headed the department for almost 20 years.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts