Some 843 workers at Bayonne (NJ) Medical Center to be 'locked out'
More than 800 employees at the Bayonne (NJ) Medical Center will be locked out at today when temporary workers are brought in to fill their positions, hospital officials said. The decision to lock out the workers represented by the Health Professional and Allied Employees came when union officials refused to withdraw notice of a strike, the officials said. The union's contract at the hospital officially expired May 31.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told