Medical College will learn in June if it can expand to Athens, GA
The Medical College of Georgia will learn this month whether it received permission from a national accrediting agency to open a campus in Athens to help meet the state's demand for more physicians. The Liaison Committee on Medical Education will decide whether the Medical College's School of Medicine can expand its entering class by 40 students starting in August 2010. Georgia ranks 39th in the nation in the number of doctors per resident, according to the Georgia Board of Physician Workforce.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program