Boston hospital's workers say yes to union
Nearly 500 workers at Caritas Carney Hospital in the Boston neighborhood of Dorchester will join the Service Employees International Union, making it the second Caritas Christi Health Care hospital to unionize this spring. In April, more than 800 employees at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center in Brighton voted to affiliate with the same labor union, Local 1199 of SEIU United Healthcare Workers East. The vote at Carney was 299 to 78, with about 79% of the 377 workers who cast ballots opting to join the union.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'