DURHAM, NC: Sowers named CEO at Duke Hospital
Kevin Sowers, who began his career at Duke University Hospital 24 years ago as an oncology nurse, has been named the hospital's CEO. Sowers has served as Duke University Health System's COO for the past six years, and as interim CEO for the past year.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts