SEIU borrows business' anti-union tactics to fend off a rival
The Service Employees International Union alleges that the upstart National Union of Healthcare Workers is intimidating and misleading workers. As a result, the SEIU is urging federal officials to throw out petitions signed by tens of thousands of its own members who have asked to be represented by the rival upstart group. The SEIU has moved to block organizing elections at hospitals, clinics, and nursing homes throughout California.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer