Healthcare provides Rx for Atlanta's tough job market
With metro Atlanta's unemployment rate at 9.6% and still climbing, the hiring continues in healthcare. In the past year, the private sector in metro Atlanta has bled 137,700 jobs—including 16,800 in retail, 28,700 in administrative support and more than 30,000 in construction. Yet healthcare added 5,000 jobs. Ambulatory care was up 2,300 jobs and hospital payrolls expanded by 1,500.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers