Massachusetts-based Caritas Christi Health Care System defends canceling contract
Massachusett-based Caritas Christi Health Care System has fired back at a former executive who sued the hospital system for slashing his severance package. In a court filing, Caritas Christi said it was justified in canceling a nine-month, $250,000 consulting agreement with Michael Metzler, the former president of Caritas's St. Anne's Hospital in Fall River, because he failed to promptly report a discrimination complaint.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data