BOSTON: Harvard Pilgrim CEO throws hat in the ring
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care CEO Charles D. Baker will leave his job and seek the Republican nomination for governor of Massachusetts in the 2010 election. Baker said he would run in the mold of former Gov. William Weld, who was a fiscal conservative but held more liberal stances on social issues. He deflected several questions about Democratic Gov. Deval Patrick, but said he would focus on jobs and the economy and retaining young workers.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments