BOSTON: Harvard Pilgrim CEO throws hat in the ring
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care CEO Charles D. Baker will leave his job and seek the Republican nomination for governor of Massachusetts in the 2010 election. Baker said he would run in the mold of former Gov. William Weld, who was a fiscal conservative but held more liberal stances on social issues. He deflected several questions about Democratic Gov. Deval Patrick, but said he would focus on jobs and the economy and retaining young workers.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts