MAMMOTH LAKES, CA: Mammoth Hospital CFO quits after three months on the job
Recently hired CFO James Hughey will leave Mammoth Hospital on July 31 to go to work at the San Mateo Medical Center. Hughey has worked at Mammoth Hospital just over three months. Mammoth Hospital Administrator Gary Boyd says Hughey told him that small town life had a "bigger impact on him than he thought it would." At a recent employees' meeting, Hughey had also spoken candidly about the chronic deficit at the 17-bed, critical-access hospital.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors