Blue Island, IL-based MetroSouth Medical Center boosted by investments
The new owners of Blue Island, IL-based MetroSouth Medical Center say the facility is growing thanks in part to capital investments that have helped to draw new physicians who, in turn, are expected to bring in more patients. A group led by Transition Health Care Co. last year bought MetroSouth Medical Center, formerly St. Francis Hospital & Health Center, from SSM Health Care. MetroSouth executives say a $30 million commitment from New York-based Falcon Investors is helping to finance new imaging equipment, an electronic medical records system, and a conversion to all private rooms for patients. The commitment to enhancements has helped the hospital recruit 11 primary-care physicians who are expected on staff by October and will be key to boosting admissions.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'