Blue Island, IL-based MetroSouth Medical Center boosted by investments
The new owners of Blue Island, IL-based MetroSouth Medical Center say the facility is growing thanks in part to capital investments that have helped to draw new physicians who, in turn, are expected to bring in more patients. A group led by Transition Health Care Co. last year bought MetroSouth Medical Center, formerly St. Francis Hospital & Health Center, from SSM Health Care. MetroSouth executives say a $30 million commitment from New York-based Falcon Investors is helping to finance new imaging equipment, an electronic medical records system, and a conversion to all private rooms for patients. The commitment to enhancements has helped the hospital recruit 11 primary-care physicians who are expected on staff by October and will be key to boosting admissions.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care