Healthcare still adding jobs
As the U.S. continued to shed jobs in July, the number of healthcare jobs kept growing. Over the past year, as the total number of nonfarm payroll jobs fell from 137.2 million to 131.4 million, the number of healthcare jobs rose from 13.3 million to 13.6 million. The sector has grown across the board, with job growth in doctors' offices, hospitals and home-health services.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal