Healthcare still adding jobs
As the U.S. continued to shed jobs in July, the number of healthcare jobs kept growing. Over the past year, as the total number of nonfarm payroll jobs fell from 137.2 million to 131.4 million, the number of healthcare jobs rose from 13.3 million to 13.6 million. The sector has grown across the board, with job growth in doctors' offices, hospitals and home-health services.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers