AVON, CT: Rohan takes over as president of Magellan Health Services
Magellan Health Services, August 10, 2009
Karen S. Rohan, 46, became president of Magellan Health Services effective Aug. 1. She is responsible for the strategic direction and profit and loss of Magellan's existing business units and, with the close of the acquisition, the company's First Health Services business. Rohan has more than 18 years of experience in the healthcare industry and was most recently president of the Group Disability, Dental and Vision Care businesses of CIGNA Corp. Separately, Magellan has begun to implement its succession plan for the leadership of its ICORE subsidiary. Alan Lotvin, MD, 47, the division's president, will ultimately succeed Raju Mantena as CEO. Having fulfilled his obligations under the ICORE purchase agreement to manage the business for three years, Mantena, 41, announced he intends to leave full-time employment with Magellan when management feels comfortable that the leadership transition is complete.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal