AVON, CT: Rohan takes over as president of Magellan Health Services
Magellan Health Services, August 10, 2009
Karen S. Rohan, 46, became president of Magellan Health Services effective Aug. 1. She is responsible for the strategic direction and profit and loss of Magellan's existing business units and, with the close of the acquisition, the company's First Health Services business. Rohan has more than 18 years of experience in the healthcare industry and was most recently president of the Group Disability, Dental and Vision Care businesses of CIGNA Corp. Separately, Magellan has begun to implement its succession plan for the leadership of its ICORE subsidiary. Alan Lotvin, MD, 47, the division's president, will ultimately succeed Raju Mantena as CEO. Having fulfilled his obligations under the ICORE purchase agreement to manage the business for three years, Mantena, 41, announced he intends to leave full-time employment with Magellan when management feels comfortable that the leadership transition is complete.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers