AVON, CT: Rohan takes over as president of Magellan Health Services
Magellan Health Services, August 10, 2009
Karen S. Rohan, 46, became president of Magellan Health Services effective Aug. 1. She is responsible for the strategic direction and profit and loss of Magellan's existing business units and, with the close of the acquisition, the company's First Health Services business. Rohan has more than 18 years of experience in the healthcare industry and was most recently president of the Group Disability, Dental and Vision Care businesses of CIGNA Corp. Separately, Magellan has begun to implement its succession plan for the leadership of its ICORE subsidiary. Alan Lotvin, MD, 47, the division's president, will ultimately succeed Raju Mantena as CEO. Having fulfilled his obligations under the ICORE purchase agreement to manage the business for three years, Mantena, 41, announced he intends to leave full-time employment with Magellan when management feels comfortable that the leadership transition is complete.
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram