LOS ANGELES: Valdespino named CEO at Valley Presbyterian
bizjournals, August 24, 2009
Gustavo Valdespino has been named Valley Presbyterian's new president and CEO—succeeding Albert L. Greene, who passed away in April. Valdespino will step into the new role on Sept. 1. Gregory L. Kay was named as interim CEO at Valley following Greene's death. Greene died of pancreatic cancer—an illness he was diagnosed with in June 2008. He was 59. Greene became president at Valley Presbyterian in March 2006. The hospital's board worked to find a permanent replacement for Greene.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer