Georgia-based Emory, Grady make seasonal flu shots mandatory
Atlanta Journal-Constitution, September 4, 2009
Georgia-based Emory Healthcare and Grady Memorial Hospital are requiring employees to take the seasonal flu vaccine, officials announced. In addition, Grady changed its visitation policy to request that no children or adolescents visit inpatients at the facility. Exceptions will be made in those instances in which the children's visits are beneficial for the emotional well-being of a patient, hospital officials said.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream