CLEVELAND: University Hospitals appoints Sunshine as new CMIO
University Hospitals, September 8, 2009
University Hospitals has appointed of Jeffrey L. Sunshine, MD, vice president and chief medical information officer. He has been serving in those capacities on an interim basis since November 2008. In these roles, Sunshine will be a member of the leadership team for the strategic planning, operations, integration, and implementation of information systems and services throughout the health system, particularly in the development of UH's $100 million Electronic Medical Record project. While interim, he led EMR implementation across eight UH hospitals serving thousands of physicians.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised