CLEVELAND: University Hospitals appoints Sunshine as new CMIO
University Hospitals, September 8, 2009
University Hospitals has appointed of Jeffrey L. Sunshine, MD, vice president and chief medical information officer. He has been serving in those capacities on an interim basis since November 2008. In these roles, Sunshine will be a member of the leadership team for the strategic planning, operations, integration, and implementation of information systems and services throughout the health system, particularly in the development of UH's $100 million Electronic Medical Record project. While interim, he led EMR implementation across eight UH hospitals serving thousands of physicians.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'