Fake robbery gets medical center in hot water
Philadelphia Inquirer, September 21, 2009
A pharmacy technician Babette Perry is suing her former company for scaring her during a mock robbery reportedly without telling her beforehand. While training with Hampton Behavioral Health Center near Philadelphia, a masked gunman burst in, told Perry he was holding a coworker hostage, and demanded OxyContin. Afterward, Perry found out the incident had been staged.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data