Strike looms at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia
AP/Philadelphia Inquirer, September 30, 2009
It appears likely that nurses and other unionized healthcare professionals at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia will stage a three-day strike. About 1,500 employees of the hospital are due to walk out on October 2, two days after the current contract is set to expire. Union members have overwhelmingly rejected what management labels its final offer, which calls for no wage increase this year, but 2% raises in each of the next three years.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions