Washington hospitals want flu shot requirement
AP/Seattle Post-Intelligencer, October 1, 2009
The Washington state Hospital Association wants the state Health Department to require every hospital employee to get flu shots. Mandatory shots are opposed by the Washington State Nurses Association and the Service Employees International Union. A spokeswoman for the hospital association, Cassie Sauer, told the Associated Press that the percentage of hospital workers who get annual flu shots is "abysmal."
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts