Washington hospitals want flu shot requirement
AP/Seattle Post-Intelligencer, October 1, 2009
The Washington state Hospital Association wants the state Health Department to require every hospital employee to get flu shots. Mandatory shots are opposed by the Washington State Nurses Association and the Service Employees International Union. A spokeswoman for the hospital association, Cassie Sauer, told the Associated Press that the percentage of hospital workers who get annual flu shots is "abysmal."
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers