Norwood (MA) Hospital staffers vote yes on union
Boston Globe, October 7, 2009
Nearly 600 workers at Norwood (MA) Hospital will join the Service Employees International Union as the result of an election. Norwood became the third hospital in the Boston-based Caritas Christi Health Care system to unionize this year. The bargaining unit at Norwood Hospital will represent 594 respiratory therapists, radiology technicians, licensed practical nurses, nurse assistants, pharmacy technicians, paramedics, secretaries, housekeepers, dietary workers, and others.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013