Commentary: Health workers must get flu shot or quit
In this commentary published on MSNBC.com, medical ethicist Arthur Caplan says doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, nurses' aides, and anyone else who has regular contact with patients should be required to get a flu shot or "find another line of work." Getting a flu shot is "the least those who claim to be bound by professional ethics ought to do," Caplan adds.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes