Commentary: Health workers must get flu shot or quit
In this commentary published on MSNBC.com, medical ethicist Arthur Caplan says doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, nurses' aides, and anyone else who has regular contact with patients should be required to get a flu shot or "find another line of work." Getting a flu shot is "the least those who claim to be bound by professional ethics ought to do," Caplan adds.
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- 16 Medicare Advantage Plans Earn 5-Star Ratings
- The Drug Price Reform Debate
- CMS' new investment model will help ACOs with health IT
- Ebola: A Call for Designated Hospitals