Commentary: Health workers must get flu shot or quit
In this commentary published on MSNBC.com, medical ethicist Arthur Caplan says doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, nurses' aides, and anyone else who has regular contact with patients should be required to get a flu shot or "find another line of work." Getting a flu shot is "the least those who claim to be bound by professional ethics ought to do," Caplan adds.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness