Commentary: Health workers must get flu shot or quit
In this commentary published on MSNBC.com, medical ethicist Arthur Caplan says doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, nurses' aides, and anyone else who has regular contact with patients should be required to get a flu shot or "find another line of work." Getting a flu shot is "the least those who claim to be bound by professional ethics ought to do," Caplan adds.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'