JOPLIN, MO: Pulsipher named CEO at St. John's Regional MC
Gary W. Pulsipher has been named president/CEO of St. John's Regional Medical Center by Sisters of Mercy Health System in St. Louis. He will assume the role upon completion of the pending transfer of St. John's later this year to Sisters of Mercy Health System. St. John's currently is owned by Catholic Health Initiatives, of Denver, CO. Pulsipher will serve as a member of Mercy's transition team until the transfer is complete. Pulsipher will take over from George Caralis, who was named interim CEO in 2008. He succeeded Debbie Linnes, who recently accepted a position as president and CEO of the 266-bed Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL