Mandatory flu vaccination for New York health workers is criticized
New York Times, October 14, 2009
The New York Civil Liberties Union demanded that the state health commissioner withdraw a new regulation requiring hundreds of thousands of healthcare workers to get both seasonal and swine flu vaccinations. In testimony before several State Assembly committees in Lower Manhattan, Donna Lieberman, executive director of the civil liberties union, said that the requirement violated the constitutional right of healthcare workers to control their bodies and their medical treatment.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions