BOSTON: Goertz elected president of AAFP
American Academy of Family Physicians, October 19, 2009
Roland A. Goertz, MD, a family physician in Waco, TX, has been chosen president-elect of the American Academy of Family Physicians. Previously, he served three years as a member of the AAFP Board of Directors. The AAFP represents more than 94,600 physicians and medical students nationwide. Goertz was elected to the position by the Congress of Delegates, the AAFP's governing body, during the organization's annual meeting.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals