BOSTON: Goertz elected president of AAFP
American Academy of Family Physicians, October 19, 2009
Roland A. Goertz, MD, a family physician in Waco, TX, has been chosen president-elect of the American Academy of Family Physicians. Previously, he served three years as a member of the AAFP Board of Directors. The AAFP represents more than 94,600 physicians and medical students nationwide. Goertz was elected to the position by the Congress of Delegates, the AAFP's governing body, during the organization's annual meeting.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'