BESSEMER, AL: McDougal named CEO at Medical West Hospital
UAB Media Relations, November 2, 2009
Tom R. McDougal Jr. has been named CEO of Medical West Hospital, an affiliate of the UAB Health System. McDougal, who has been serving as the CEO of Springs Memorial Hospital in Lancaster, SC, since January 2008, will assume his new position Jan. 5, 2010. He will take over for Don Lilly, who has been serving as interim CEO since June 1. Prior to his current role, McDougal served as the CEO of Parkway Medical Center in Decatur and CEO of LV Stabler Memorial Hospital in Greenville. He also held positions in the Baptist Health System of South Carolina.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts