NASHVILLE: Sowell named CDO at HCA
HCA, Inc., November 30, 2009
HCA has named Joseph A. Sowell, III, as senior vice president/chief development officer, effective Dec. 1. Currently a senior partner at Nashville-based healthcare law firm Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, Sowell, 53, will be responsible for all activities related to mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures for HCA, which operates 163 hospitals and 105 ambulatory surgery centers in 20 states and England.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer