TACOMA, WA: Franciscan Health System appoints new CMO
Franciscan Health System, December 14, 2009
Gregory Semerdjian, MD, has been named senior vice president/CMO for Franciscan Health System. For the past 10 years, Semerdjian served as vice president for medical and clinical operations for Denver-based Catholic Health Initiatives. CHI is among the largest non-profit health systems in the United States, with 75 hospitals and other care facilities in 19 states. Franciscan Health System is affiliated with CHI. Semerdjian, who served as Franciscan's interim CMO since July 31, succeeds Mike Newcomb, DO, who accepted a senior leadership position at Legacy Health System in Portland, OR.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer